So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Monday, July 21, 2008

Learning to Read


I found these great sandals on line at Urban Outfitters. And in a fit of compulsiveness this weekend, I decided that I needed, just had to, go and visit them in the store. You know, say a quick hello, see if they are as good looking in person as they are in their online profile. If things go well, maybe take them home to meet my other shoes, see how they get along with my shorts. My compulsiveness apparently blinded me from reading the phrases "ONLINE ONLY!" and "web exclusive" (yes, it says it twice and I missed it both times. I am like an idiot savant without the savant part). So I got down there, and these cuties were nowhere to be found.



I did, however, find the subway blouse - now $10 and in an awesome, interesting shade of orchid. I am proving my thesis today - - that this is the shirt to wear when it is 114 degrees on the subway platform and the last thing you want to do is put on your nice clean, fresh from the dry cleaner work clothes. I mean, really, you might as well take your clothes out of their dry cleaner bags, put them on, take your subway ride, get out, and deposit the clothes straightaway at the nearest dry cleaner. Someone should investigate whether dry cleaners are behind global warming. Regardless, the shirt is performing admirably. And, as I suggested, I am wearing it over a nice cotton cami, 2 for $20 at the same store. Hey, I don't just talk the talk, I walk the walk - in 114 degrees, mind you - just for you.




No comments: