So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Working Girl

I realize that I have not blogged in ages. Clearly Jayn is the better blogger and better person. (Not that I have an inferiority complex or anything.) But in my defense, Jayn obviously has way more time on her hands. I mean, she has the benefit of having two children! They can help her out with things like cooking, cleaning, and making really impressive Excel spreadsheets. Whereas I am all alone in the world. I just can't compete.

Also keeping me busy and taking up serious time when I could be blogging is my job. You'd probably never know it if you saw me walking to the subway in the mornings, but I do have a job. Thankfully, it's in a very casual workplace where no one would look twice if I showed up in jeans and flip-flops, which I frequently do (which is why you might get confused if you saw me on the way in). In fact, I have had numerous co-workers tell me that they don't even own an iron. (Some haven't told me, but I can tell. There are those who take "casual" a little too far.)

However, there are times when I need to dress up for work, so even I need to have some more formal options in my closet. And I have long been searching for the perfect pair of pointy-toed slingbacks to wear on the days that call for a little bit of professionalism. At last, I have found them.

Seriously, you can wear these to work with anything -- a suit, a dress, even my uniform of jeans (though you might have to pry the flip-flops of my cold, dead feet first). They're leather, and they come in shades of black ranging from matte to patent, depending on how trendy you are. And they're on sale for $30! It's enough to make me want to buy a suit.

No comments: