So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fringe Element

According to Piperlime.com, there are three big trends now. Not one is back fat, sorry Janeane Garofalo. But one is fringed moccasins, and I am ahead of the curve, having bought two pair of fringed Minnetonka booties last year. Really I was so dying for these insane boots, but could not find them until spring, when a young woman's fancy turns toward gladiator sandals. And now, here are those same boots, endorsed by no less of a 'style arbiter' than Rachel Zoe(you can hear the sarcasm, right? if not, read it again, drawing out the phrase slowly while rolling your eyes) , whose real name I am practically under Jewish contract to reveal, is Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig.


Now I have mixed feelings about her endorsement, and those feelings are diametrically opposed. I am both pleased and horrified. I imagine that is how Ms. Zoe feels when she looks in the mirror. Anyway, there is a payoff for waiting to get those boots, and that is that I will no longer risk death when I wear them. The two pair of Minnetonkas I got last year have smooth soles that convert the shoes into mini-luges. This year's shoes have bumps to provide traction. So, when Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Richie, Jennifer Garner, Salma Hayek, Kate Hudson, Demi Moore, Liv Tyler, Debra Messing, or Anne Hathaway slide and fall, they won't be able to blame their mocs. I am defending the shoe.

No comments: