So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Will Not Entitle This Entry 'Pee Coat', Must Resist


So my coat arrived. And it is not the exact, exact color I enivisioned. To be very specific, it is the color of... stop reading if you are easily grossed out by newborn baby poop... the color of breastfed-newborn baby poop. I know no other way to describe it. My friend Vicky once described this color, when I sampled it on my entryway wall as 'bile,' but frankly, I have encountered bile much less frequently, and certainly much less directly, than breastfed-newborn baby poop. Amanda has weighed in against the color, and others have weighed in against my description of the color, but I ask you, what do you think of the color? Please weigh in at right. --->

I should note that the coat is awesomely constructed, with slash pockets that zip, a zipper that opens from the bottom (necessary with such a long coat), a back slit that zips (ditto) and ipod/cellphone inside pockets.

12 comments:

mamalikey said...

I've been thinking about ordering this coat all day! So, I'm assuming you're advising against? I kinda miss baby poop...

Anonymous said...

Honestly - I think I am keeping it. I kinda love the poopy color! And it is sooo warm. With the cold wave (it is too a phrase) coming our way, I know I will grab it on my way out the door.

mamalikey said...

Any thoughts on size? I can be either a small or medium (4/6) depending on the coat.

Anonymous said...

Me too, and I bought M, which fits lovely. It has a drawstring elastic at the waist, for customizing your size, btw.

mamalikey said...

They are sold out. I am devastated. I really wanted that damn coat.

Ironically, I was at Old Navy today and bought one of those cute $10 t-shirts.

Anonymous said...

I bet the weather did you in. So sorry! but you got Amanda's rhino contraceptive shirt, and that has to count for something.

Amanda said...

And the color if the shirt is so much nicer than the coat.

Anonymous said...

No - it is not! Baby poop is a beautiful thing! And how dare you imply that anything that my MY children produced is not entirely perfect in every conceivable way.

mamalikey said...

MEOW! I love a good cat fight!

Anonymous said...

Feminist that I am, I am forced to tell you how much I hate that term... and anyway, Amanda and I are playfully jabbing, like little lion cubs. I think.

mamalikey said...

So sorry. Point taken.

jayn said...

So go check out my (cheaper) pee coat alternative. It looked so cute on this chick!