So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Monday, June 22, 2009

Portuguese Shoe o' War

I bought these in pink a couple of weeks ago, when they were $20 and this sea foam green pair (the brand calls them "turquoise," though I disagree -- however, Jayn has become somewhat of an expert on the color turquoise, so I will leave it to her to cast the deciding vote) was $40. But now the sea foam green is on sale for $24.99! Which leaves me to wonder, do I need this pair, as well?

I'm pretty sure I do, and so do you, and here's why. While they look light and summery, they are actually quite well-suited for the never-ending monsoon that has taken residence in the skies above New York City. For one thing, they're not leather -- excuse me, they are 100% synthetic patent leather -- so you don't have to worry about them getting ruined in the rain like leather would, nor do they really get soaked like fabric does. And that cute little wedge heel lifts you up just high enough to avoid soaking your feet in the shallow puddles that are EVERYWHERE. (Save the really big puddles for your Hunters.) 

Plus they're named Lisbon, for a city which, Wikipedia tells me, has one of the mildest climates in Europe, complete with sunny and dry summers. That is certainly something worth celebrating, particularly by immortalization in shoe-form.

No comments: