So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Monday, November 3, 2008

Friendly Fire

Sometimes, no matter how hard we try to spread the gospel of what is both cute and affordable, our advice goes unheeded. Our warnings are ignored. Our good intentions go to waste. And, dear readers, we are here to tell you, you are only hurting yourselves.

Take, for example, my dear friend Hillary. Normally a chick of exceptional taste (not to mention sparkling wit and gracious hospitality), she ignored our stand on the bootee and went out and bought one anyway. Even worse -- she bought two! One for each foot! Didn't she read the part where we said we would hate her as a result??

So I suppose now I am forced to stand by my principles and hate her. But that makes me sad. Maybe I could try to look at things from Hillary's point of view. You know, walk a mile in her shoes. Except -- then I would have to wear bootees! And walk a mile!

But . . . isn't friendship [just barely] more important than footwear? If the Luckier Chicks can teach you only one thing, let it be that crucial tenet. So clearly my only option is to overlook this little oversight -- whilst wearing my own shoes. Probably these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

first of all, it was shoetee, not a bootee. completely different. second of all, they were really cute i couldn't help it!