So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Friday, November 21, 2008

Miracle Anti-Whining Device Invented!!!


The temperature in NYC has dropped to the 30's and everyone is complaining. I don't quite get it, it's not like it's August. We weren't walking around in tank tops and flip flops (and no scarves) yesterday only to wake up today not knowing where our down coat is and where we put any of our 14 pair of boots (no, 14 pairs of boots is not excessive, thank you). It's November, it's the northeast, it's cold. As my friend Suzanne would say, "suck it up."


After several days of my being annoyed at people for expressing great horror at the dropping temperatures, I had to acknowledge that there were two additional causes for my annoyance. The first cause is my general crankiness that, like every New Yorker, I artfully nurture through mostly real, but sometimes imagined, confrontations throughout the day. But the second cause is the amazing hat I have been wearing - it keeps me so toasty, I really can't even tell how cold it is. Amanda and I each bought this hat back in sweaty August (when I was annoyed at everyone for saying "hot enough for ya?" Yes, it's hot in New York in the summer. New York has seasons, I got it) at H&M for $12. We felt foolish wearing them around the store back then, but who's the fool now, you silly whiners? Here's the Wilson's Leathah version, at twice the price, since H&M has a very poor site.




2 comments:

floretbroccoli said...

With a hat like that and a big scarf, all you need is a pair of s-levy-s.

Unknown said...

the world would be a better place if everyone read jayn's and amanda's blogs!!