So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Monday, November 3, 2008

Waffling on Leggings

Amanda and I have an ongoing argument. Well, two. The first argument is over which cupcake place is the best in Manhattan. That argument involves mostly research. The second argument is over leggings. While we both agree that a pair of leggings is not a pair of pants (or even a pant), I believe that leggings are a good substitute for tights, in a casual environment. Amanda believes they are a symbol of all that is wrong and evil in this world. She also believes that tights work well as tights.

As best as I can figure, I won't wear tights in my casual life because I wear them to work. Not that I should wear tights at my blue chip firm, but I do, because I am always one notch too casual for the activity at hand. Were I to win one of the few, but coveted, Oscars given out for management consulting work, I would show up in a Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress. It would be very pretty, but completely too casual.


In deference to Amanda, as well as my well-documented love of all things thermal (I am still trying to justify someday purchasing a thermal tank top I've been visiting at Urban Outfitters), I purchased these thermal tights at Old Navy. And you know what? Tights function surprisingly well as tights!

No comments: