So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Monday, October 6, 2008

Au natural

I'm like the opposite of one of those PETA people who throw paints on ladies wearing fur coats; I want to do the same to people wearing synthetic-leather shoes. I know it's wrong, and not very animal-friendly of me, but that's just the way I was raised. I just prefer things organic (as in, "of or from an organ").


Which is why I am so happy to present you with these gray suede kitten-heeled numbers. Target.com has a ton of cute fall shoes, but every time I find a pair I like, I am chagrined to learn that they are made of a "faux patent leather upper with thermoplastic rubber outsoles." But then I came across these, which claim to feature a "suede upper!" Ok, so they still have thermoplastic rubber outsoles, but at least it is real thermoplastic, not faux!

Ok, I'm off -- must go stock up on paint in time for Yom Kippur. Whoever came up with a holiday where leather shoes are patently (get it? Like patent leather!) not allowed must have been blowing the shofar a little too hard. (Just kidding, God! I totally heart you!)

No comments: