So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Orange You Glad It Isn't Peach?

When I started work and went through four searingly hot months of training in Tampa (Tampa! In the summer! Suits required!), the company arranged to have a woman come speak to us over dinner about how to dress professionally. Also, how to use a fork and knife (really - my company hired from top tier schools, and then felt a need to pygmalion us). This woman told all the women that we needed to invest in a peach colored suit. I will never really get to the bottom of that suggestion. Was it a power play? Did she hope to stop by the office later that summer and chuckle to herself when she spotted any of us in peach suits, knowing that none of us, who each had to pass an HR test to secure this job and must therefore be sane, would have arrived with a peach suit in our garment bag, and must therefore have purchased it at her malevolent suggestion? I wouldn't put it past her.


So, to make it clear, I believe a peach suit is a bad idea. If it were a dog named Idea, I would hit it in the snout with a rolled up WWD or Anthropologie catalog and say, "Bad Idea!! Bad, bad Idea!" But I do love me some burnt orange. Look at this gorgeous, flattering tank in that great combination of silk with lycra - and only $16, with free shipping!

1 comment:

floretbroccoli said...

Just peachy. Is it really a tank top, though?