So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Blue Light Special

Even though I know that it is wrong, and I'm supposed to hate them for being an evil corporate empire out to take over the world, I openly admit to loving Wal-Mart. I grew up in the suburbs, in a small city that boasted not 1 but 2 Super-Wal-Marts. In college, going to Wal-Mart was something of a social event -- you were always sure to see someone you knew -- and I went at least once, if not twice, a day.

But then I moved to NYC, and there is no Wal-Mart here. There is a K-Mart (multiple K-Marts, in fact), but I was always skeptical.

Until yesterday. During a quick trip to K-Mart to pick up some Ziploc sandwich bags, I was on my way to check out the nail polish selection (a favorite hobby; I can never have too many colors), I espied this tote. I think it's adorable in a late-80s, neon graffiti way, and it's such a great size and shape -- really convenient for carrying stuff to and from work, and could possibly even fit a laptop.

And aren't you in luck -- while I had to pay full price ($16.99), it's on sale on the web site for $11.89! Barely more than my box of Ziplocs.

No comments: