So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Thursday, December 25, 2008

(Oooh) Growing Up


I recently realized that a friend of mine goes everywhere dressed as if she is attending a bar mitzvah (or bat mitzvah, to be fair). I myself arrive at the same event looking as if I have come to clean your garage, and possibly your gutters, time permitting. OK, I exaggerate slightly (at least about my style), but I am a casual chick, in love with my jeans and cords.

I resent any event that demands a skirt, possibly out of a childish "you're not the boss of me" attitude, but more likely due to a skirt dress code imposed on me throughout my formative years. Today I was supposed to attend an event in a skirt, but I found a way to weasel out of going altogether. Had I had this $37.50(from $128!) suede skirt though, I feel certain I would have behaved like the adult I ostensibly am, put it on, and actually shown up, if not grown up.

No comments: