So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm Free

I finally did it! I broke free of my fears and tried something different. In the past I would have shied away from this shirt, but at last I am letting my inhibitions run wild (ok, am I the only one who is bothered by how wrong that line is in "Tonight's the Night"?). I have overcome both fear of colors and fear of patterns all at once - and with no psychopharmacological assistance. I love that word - can I say it again? Psychopharmacological.


Anyway, check out how far I've come. Note the insanely busy pattern. Right there, along the neck. Use the "view larger" button and it'll be obvious. You're not using a laptop with a small screen, right? Check out the bold use of color - note the contrast between the white embroidery floss and the even whiter gauzy cotton. Enjoy the interplay of the two textures. This top would look awesome with a wide brown woven leather belt, if you're not too afraid to add another color and texture to the mix. I know, just dip your toe, don't dive in headfirst. $15.

1 comment:

floretbroccoli said...

Now, surely you KNOW that you're not the only one who is surprised that Rod Stewart exhorts his special lady to let her inhibitions run wild!

As my cousin Rani once said, "in THIS family?"