So - which ass-kicking boots do I buy?

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

No, No, No, I Will Not Let You Go

This year summer took its own sweet time coming along, did it not? And if it thinks it's leaving any time soon, it's got another think coming. I'll be damned if I am going to let it go just because September is approaching and every business, whether it sells all-weather radials (like I have ever owned a car) or tomato plants (ditto for me owning a garden), is having a back to school sale or, worse yet, has Halloween decorations up. When summer departs, my arms will be wrapped around its ankles and it will have to pry me off or kick me off or whatever my mother did when I did this to her. I will throw a shrieking, arms-flailing, foot-stamping tantrum right there in the middle of the street until I have shamed summer into staying.

And then I will wear this $20 pintucked dress every day.



No comments: